Monday 11 December 2006

Swissminiatur


An exciting place for families and their children, Swissminiatur is an open air museum where you can admire the most important Swiss buildings and means of transportation at a scale of 1:25! Inside ''Miniswiss'' you can find more than 120 models reprezenting the patrician houses, the most important castels and cathedrals in Switzerland, but also 3500 meters of rails with no less than 18 trains, funiculars, rack-railways, cable cars and boat in motion. And this is not all ! For garden-lovers there are more than 1500 different plants and over 15000 beautiful coloured flowers.
If you feel like enjoying the view, there is a special park for children that will allow you to sit quietly on the restaurant terrace while your children have fun. Located in Melide, 5 km far from Lugano and 1 from Campione d'Italia, Swissminiatur is easy to reach either by car, train or boat!

For those interested in this fantastic land here are some information:

opening time: from 18th of march until 29th of octomber
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
price entry: adults 15 ch
children 10 ch
website: http://www.swissminiatur.ch/

7 comments:

silvia said...

Guys!!!
this place is wonderful!! I had a lot of fun when I was a child...I also fall down on the Lucerna Bridge....so pay attention where you put your feet...;)

said...

Although Mr Visentin would say that this is a non-place=) I think I'll go there...but maybe I'll wait for spring season, I'm sure it will be much more enjoyable.

Luca Savio said...

I heard about this place but I've never been there!Although it is a place for families and children I'm sure I can anyway have fun...

YunJi.Kr. said...

I've been a year ago.
It was really funny place.
You can ALL places of Switzerland in together..hehe!
But if you have been some places of Switzerland,I'm sure that the swissminiatur will gives you more fun!

alesow said...

Thanks very much for this info! I often saw the advertisement for the Mini-Switzerland and wondered if it´s just a tourism-trap or really worth a trip...Now, I think one of my next trips around Switzerland will also inlcude a visit in the walkable little version of the country.

charlotte mailland said...

Hi Guys, it looks great!
Maybe we could plan to go there during the spring... and enjoy this place all together!

elisabetta said...

looking this place I remember when I was a child Ihad gone to see the MiniItalia with my family... now it's time to go and see the Swissminiatur!!!