Thursday 7 December 2006

Chocolate museum



If I say: "If I show you this picture, what would you think?" Obviously you will think at Caslano and its Alprose Chocolate Museum!

A little bit of hisory...


Cacoa was mentioned by the Olmecs as early as 1000 b.C. In the year 1502 Christopher Columbus brought cocoa home to europe, where it spread rapidily, conquering Italy first, then France. In the 18th century chocolate progressively becomes a mass production.
Since 1957, expert chocolatiers in Caslano near Lugano have been dedicating their effort to the creation and production of the finest possible chocolate products. Alprose belongs among the largest chocolate-producing companies in Switzerland.





Following the catwalk, you will be introduced to the various steps of chocolate production: you discover how to dry and liquid ingredients are mixed and stirred, then poured into their final form and packaged.
Your visit at the museum ends in the "Nostalgia" shop, where you can taste the rich variety of Alprose products: bars, napolitains, dragées, pralinés... The prices are also quite low!









I am sure that the highest moment of your visit, as it was for me, would be the chocolate fountain: a real source of chocolate! You must not miss it!






Few pratical information:

The museum is open from Monday to Friday at 09.00 - 17.30 and on Saturday and Sunday at 09.00 - 16.30.
The shop is open from Monday to Friday at 09.00 - 18.00 and on Saturday and Sunday at 09.00 - 17.00

Price: CHF 4.- Adults/CHF 1.- Children 6-16 years

10 comments:

YunJi.Kr. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YunJi.Kr. said...

I went here a few times.
It is nice to see how producing chocolate!
And the cost of chocolate from shop has really good price.

zoltanjudit said...

The most dangeorus place for choclate addicted people, like me.
If you have high interest in this topic, don't miss the Eurochocolate festival in Perugia in every autumn.

Luca Savio said...

I think it's better not to go for me.. I went to the Eurochocolate in Perugia three months ago and when I came back I was totally poisoned!
Anyway, thank you for the informations!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful world!
well, let's say that one of the main reasons why I decided to come to Lugano was for chocolate :) ..and just immagine I didn't know about this magic place!! Now I am even happier!!
Thanks!!

Tiziana said...

mmmmmmhhhhh.... hunger....Tiziana

Dario Hessami said...

I've been there with some friends and their children and it is a wounderfull place to visit. Children will have fun and for adults it's also interesting... It's a place you MUST see if you are in Lugano.

charlotte mailland said...

I have been there with my chinese roomates, and I expected it was a little bit bigger. Nevertheless, as I am a chocolate addicted :), I really enjoyed this place!!!

elisabetta said...

I am not chocolate addicted... but reading your description of the place I decide to go there only to see and taste the fountane....

Atticus Pf said...

we are thinking about going, but we aren't sure