Thursday 7 December 2006

Climbing For Beginners


Climbing in Ticino has a really long tradition, which goes back over 20 years ago.

This is for sure of the reasons which pushed The USI Sport to organise a 4 lesson-course for every strong-arm student who is interested in approaching this "vertical" activity .

The course is supervised by Giovanni Galli, who is also an expert alpine guide...so keep calm guys...he's like a spider, I'm sure he will take you down even if you are stuck on the roof !!

The boulder room is located just between the 2 soccer fields in Cornaredo (via Trevano 100), and it's made by boards equipped with specific grips to help climbers getting higher and higher. And most important thing...on the floor there are lots of really soft "crash pads"...just in case you'll fall down !

All the equipment is provided by the trainers (shoes, ropes, harness, crabs and so on...) so just go there, breath deeply and focus on the wall !

...Only be sure that all the knots are tight enough to your body before starting...It's up to you!

If you want to experience the "real" adrenaline of climbing, once a month indoors and outdoors excursions are organized in all Ticino's region...We strongly suggest you to go...and challenge yourself with real rock faces !

If you need more infos...just check this out:

By: Sara Borghi, Charlotte Mailland

9 comments:

Luca Savio said...

I would really like to try this kind of sport; maybe it's stressing but also healthy!
Anyway I can't imagine to do this outside the boulder room...I'm not reckless enough!!
Thank you Sara!

erika said...

Dear Sara,
I repeat what I've already told you: I can't stand the altitude, but I am sure that I will really enjoy to stay with you and watch you climbing...and maybe falling...
I am also sure that, after sport, there is nothing better than a pizza with good friends!

Piergiorgio Pisano said...

Saraaaaaaaaaaaa....
Wonderful sport to practice with friens!!!
A strong emotion to live...a face to face with your body but also with your mind!!!!
Thank you!
Piergiorgio

zoltanjudit said...

In Lugano you can´t look any direction without a mountain in the backround. It is an amazing location for hiking and climbing. Now I don´t have any faires from hiking, but I am afraid, I am not strong enough for climbing.I considered it as a mensport, but if Sara is doing it well, I would love to try it too.

alesow said...

I totally agree with you! It`s so much fun to climb up the walls. Before, I didn`t consider it to be that entertaining. Although I felt like a sack-like something at the beginning :-)I'm really curious about the climbing excursion...But anyway I'm pretty sure to go on with that kind of sport, think I'll get myself this kind of access-card for the hall in the stadium. See you there!
Ale

Dario Hessami said...

Very interesting... It sound like a lot of fun!
I will try it, it should be something that maks you feel strong emotions...

I would like also to invite everybody to see some basketball game in Lugano. There are many good teams and it is a great sport to see. I personally coach the Breganzona Lions and I hope that some of you would consider becoming big fan of our team :-)
Our website is www.breganzonalions.com we play in Breganzona Elementari, you can arrive there by car (there is a big parking) or by bus with line number three direction Breganzona (bus stop called "Medi").

Dario Hessami

sasha said...

for hiking we should be very careful in shoes choice I always like Trainers Shoes for sports and running shoes

Just Friends said...

I'm really curious about the climbing excursion...But anyway I'm pretty sure to go on with that kind of sport, think I'll get myself this kind of access-card for the hall in the stadium.

3D ultrasounds | 4d Ultrasounds

Save Life said...

There are many good teams and it is a great sport to see.

Tubal Reversal | Tubal Reversal Surgery